5 easy steps to start a continuous healthy lifestyle in 60 days
Have you ever looked at someone with that glowy skin and shapely body and wondered the secret behind this healthy appearance?
Those kinds of people took some different decisions in their life to make it better and wealthier.
There’s a lot of procedures you can take to begin a healthy lifestyle.
But why we mentioned in 60 days?
because on average, it takes 2 months for a human to get used to new behaviour or habit depending on the person himself and the circumstances.
Overall, It’s not about spending hours sweating on the treadmill or eating a bowl of salad.
It’s simply can begin by walking to the nearest shop instead of taking a taxi or eating junk food once per week instead of twice/one less soda per day.
Also, there’s a study published the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health on the impact of health habits on life expectancy. State that people who do practice healthy habits tend to live more than who don’t.
Further, there’s a lot you can get from a healthy lifestyle not only your body shape, but also your skin, mental health, and your mood. It’s really worth to give it a try.
Here are 5 habits you can begin to follow to start a healthy lifestyle:
1- Move every 20 minutes
You’re risking your health by sitting so much time on the desk as someone who’s smoking.
When we mentioned moving I didn’t mean workouts or weight lifting.
It means that any small activities are better than nothing such as:
- Doing household chores.
- Walking to your colleague’s desk instead of sending an email.
- Take your pet for a walk in the garden.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Instead of sitting in a restaurant with someone try to walk together.
When you’re physically active you’re improving your brain activity.
Also, you’re increasing your productivity during the day based on the 52:17 minutes rule.
This rule clarifies that a person who works for 52 minutes then take a break for 17 minutes will definitely increase his work productivity through the day.
Furthermore, your movement can prevent you from a lot of cardiovascular diseases by increasing your heartbeat 10 times more per minutes while you’re moving than while you’re sitting.
Move from your place for the seek of better health.
And for sure, if you have time to do some daily exercise for 30 minutes.
At home, without a trainer, you can use a sports application on your phone for daily exercise. there’s a hundred of them on smartphones for free.
Start your day with some exercise from 15 t0 30 minutes, It will make a big difference through the day and increase your energy.
2- Eat more healthy food
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
When it comes to healthy food, there are overwhelming types of diets that can guide you to a suitable plan.
A well-balanced meal contains fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates, lean protein and fats.
But before start searching for the best diet, try to take in consideration those things:
- Cook your food: try to choose cooking food over pre-packaged food. Cooking food is full of nutrient that your body needs which more nutritious than the pre-packaged food that only contains high fats and salt.
- Watch out hidden sugar: there’s a neglected amount of sugar in fruits and juices that can ruin your healthy lifestyle. While your maximum daily intake of sugar for men (9 teaspoons) and for women (6 teaspoons).
- Portion control: It’s really important to take care of your daily portions of food. I recommend to split your meals into small regular meals (eat every 4 hours), you’ll always feel full. Also, you can use a small plate to eat that will visually make you satisfied with your meal.
- Colourful plate: Add vegetables and fruits to your meal more than rice or bread.
Thus, for a balanced meal, you need to eat a variety of different nutrients per day in order to give your body the nutrient it needs.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring. There are so many delicious recipes to do a well-balanced meal.
And stay away from packaged food and added sugar.
3- Drink water
Drinking water has more benefits than keeping you hydrated through the day.
It also keeps you full and controls your appetite. If you drink 2 cups of water before each meal can make you consume fewer calories because you’ll feel full before you finish your plate.
Here are other benefits of water:
- Maintain body temperature.
- Lose weight quickly.
- Detox your body from any toxins and flush it through urine and sweat.
- Keep your skin moisturized during the day.
- Boost your mood.
- Improve brain concentration.
- Reduce anxiety and fatigue.
- Improve your metabolism.
Here are ways to remember to drink water every day:
- Start your day with 2 cups of water.
- Keep a reusable bottle of water next to you wherever you go
- You can download a mobile application that reminds you to drink water.
- You can add some lemon slices or cucumber to give it a flavour.
- Drink 2 cups of water before you go to bed.
“Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.”- Buddha.
Our daily life is busy and stressful, you surely need some time to relax and turn off all the thoughts in your mind.
You might don’t see the result of meditation on your health but you absolutely can feel it.
It is a sort of brain refreshment and relaxation.
Practising meditation can definitely boost your mood and enhance your productivity and positive emotions while handling daily life upsets.
Here are more benefits for meditation:
- Increase brain focus.
- Less anxiety and stress.
- Improve your immune system.
- Enhance self-acceptance.
- Prevent emotional eating.
- High level of energy.
- Enhance optimism.
All you have to do is to clear your mind from every negative thought and only focus on the positive ones.
Meditation increases happiness, stress reliever and improves brain concentration.
It’s not all about silence and Yoga. There are 7 types of meditation, you have to choose the best for you and do it anywhere.
As well, you don’t have to attend a yoga class or a private trainer.
Nowadays, you have more than one option to start to know more about meditation and practice it.
First option: the technology made it easy for you to do anything by downloading a yoga application on your mobile phone.
Second option: there’s several book to guide you whether hard copies or soft copies.
Third option: youtube tutorials, there’s plenty of yoga and meditation coaches present their knowledge through videos.
Choose the one that suits your time schedule without doing any effort to stick to a determined class.
5- Reward yourself
After doing so much effort following those steps, It’s treat time.
And it doesn’t look pathetic if you’re going to do or give yourself something.
As you’re saying “Thank you, my soul & my body for keeping me on track and never give up”
You have to appreciate every step to take forward to achieve a determined goal.
It’s really an important step to encourage you to continue and go further.
It doesn’t have to be a luxury thing, only small appreciation for your continuity.
There are more than a way to reward yourself:
- Buy something you really want.
- Help somebody to start a healthy lifestyle.
- Travel somewhere during the weekend.
- Get a day off/ lazy day.
- Watch a film at home or at the cinema.
- Start a beauty treatment.
- Go for a long walk with music on.
- Enjoy mother nature and take some pictures.
To sum up
Having a healthy lifestyle isn’t something hard to follow, but it’s challenging.
Sometimes, we do one thing of those 5 steps on a daily basis like drinking 8 cups of water, but without awareness that this small action can affect our lives for a long time.
Small note: You have to rub the popular sentence of “I’ll start tomorrow” from your life.
Therefore, It’s not as hard as it seems, just take a small step and commit to it for 2 months.
Then, It’ll be your lifestyle forever, It’s even hard for you to come back to your old life.
Give yourself a chance to start a healthy lifestyle, there’s nothing to lose.
Your body and your mind belong to you, treat it properly and choose the right things for them.