6 types of food you can eat to enjoy a balanced diet meal
We’re about to finish the winter season so, don’t stress yourself by following a strict diet plan to get into shape.
You might be skinny but It’s better to be skinny and healthy.
Most of the diet plans focus on the number of calories consumed per day.
So, mainly we are talking about 2000 calories a day for women and 2500 calories a day for men.
It also depends on your physical activity.
But there are two sides to fill your body with calories, you can choose 4 small apples or 1 sneakers bar. They contain probably the same amount of calories, but with different nutrient.
We are depending on calories to walk, breath, think and pumping blood around the body.
Thus, to get a balanced diet plan you need to give your body the type of nutrients it needs in order to function effectively.
The majority of your meal must cover 5 types of food, adding water.
Here are the types of food must be served in your daily plates:
Adding a variety of veggies in your daily meal is essential, vegetables are the main source of vitamins and minerals. Also, It’s naturally low in fat and nutrients like antioxidants and fibre.
However, there are some vegetables more nutritious than others. Here is the list of most healthful vegetables:
- Green peas
- Sweet potatoes
Veggies are healthy because it’s loaded with:
- Vitamin A that help you to keep your skin healthy and protect your eyes.
- Vitamin C that aid in iron absorption and heal wounds quickly.
- Potassium to maintain blood pressure.
- Fibre that may reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Fruits are a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote good health.
Despite that fruits is loaded with sugar but it’s definitely healthier than the added sugar in any product.
In addition, try to pick the fresh fruits that are in season in your area in order to get the maximum benefits of it.
Also, here are some kinds of fruit try to eat them every day:
Some benefits of eating fruits:
- Diet rich of fruits may reduce the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- Fruits contain phytochemical that maintain your optimum health.
- The folic acids in many fruits are important for pregnancy.
- Also, dry fruit is healthy and help in some anaemic conditions.
3- Whole Grains
Grains are an important source of many nutrients including fibre, vitamin B and minerals. Also, Whole grains make you feel full with fewer calories.
The outer shell of any grains contains the majority of the nutrients that’s why try always to pick whole grain products.
Further, if you added whole grains in your diet plan, It helps to reduce heart disease, obesity, some forms of cancer and support healthy digestion.
“100% whole grains are a key component of any nutritious diet,” confirms Jaclyn London, MS, RD, CDN, Nutrition Director at the Good Housekeeping Institute.
Here are the best whole grains you should be eating:
- Whole Wheat
- Whole oats
- Brown rice
- Whole Rye
- Whole grain barley
4- Lean protein
Your body needs protein to build and repair tissues. There are two sources of protein in foods, you can find them either in meats or bean and nuts.
In the world of diet, protein is important, it makes you feel full for a long period and also contains health benefits. And that’s all we need while dieting.
Concerning the meat, it’s healthier to remove any skin in order to reduce fats and cholesterol. Also, choose carefully the place you eat from because the nutrient in meat depends on what the animal itself have eaten.
The best source of lean protein are :
- Chicken (boneless and skinless)
- Egg whites
- Greek yoghurt
Regarding Beans, if you’re a vegetarian, it’s your best choice to add some protein in your diet and if you’re not, you’re free to exchange between both of them.
Some of the beans you should consider :
- Kidney beans
- Chick beans
- Fava beans
Benefits of lean protein:
- Helps you to control your weight by filling you up.
- Stabilize your blood sugar level.
- Builds up muscles and maintain strong bones
- Develop your brain functions
5- Healthy oils
We are agreed that all oils contain fats. but the word “Fat” has a bad reputation in the world of diet.
While you can add some oils on your foods and still looks healthy.
Also, your body needs fats to complete the nutritional needs in your body and you can eliminate it from your diet.
It only depends on the type of oil you’ve picked, not all of them are allowed.
You can use it as a dressing on a salad or cook with it but use it moderately.
The type of oils you should use:
- Canola oil: is low saturated fats and it’s safe for use in cooking at a high temperature.
- Avocado oil: boost antioxidants absorption and lower blood pressure.
- Rice-bran oil: it lowers the cholesterol.
- Sesame oil: Maintain a lower blood sugar level.
- Walnut oil: It contains Omega-3, aids in decreasing risk of heart disease.
The type of oils you should eject:
- Virgin coconut oil: is bad saturated fat, not recommended to someone with high cholesterol level.
- Palm oil: is bad saturated fat, can cause heart disease.
- Hydrogenated oil: is bad trans fat, it increases the risk of heart disease.
6- Drink water
have you heard someone before saying “oh, I forgot to drink water today“? I’ve heard it a lot.
Did you know that dehydration is dangerous and at some point can be life-threatening?
Your body needs water more than your plants do. You should drink 8 cups per day to let your body function effectively.
Start every day with 2 cups of water, then add 1 cup every 2 hours. This will make a huge difference in your productivity.
Why you should drink water often?
- In the morning, It kickstarts your metabolism and helps you to lose weight.
- Eliminates toxins and inflammation.
- Reduce fatigue and increase body productivity.
- Prevent premature aging and having a youthful healthy skin.
- Increase the production of blood cells and muscles.
- Increase your mental creativity.
- A decrease in cholesterol production.
To sum up
Those 5 types of nutrient will lead to a well-balanced diet.
If you manage your daily meal to be full of all those 5 nutrient.
You’re saving your life and without it, your body is threatened by disease or infection.
So, you’re responsible for everything that enters your body from early morning till the end of the day, be smart while choosing the right thing.
Also, your body needs suitable nutrition to perform effectively and maintain your organs and tissues.
Furthermore, try to avoid any overconsumption on foods and control your portions while eating and stop buying any prepackaged food or junk food and start cooking your meal depending on the balanced meal tips.
And also choose a variety of food and colour your plate so you won’t get bored.
I can’t skip the drinking water part, it’s really as important as balancing your meals. Drinking water helps you lose weight and increase your body functions.
The easiest way to remember yourself to drink water is to drink 2 cups before any meal it will make feel full fast also, It’ll meet the daily entrance of fluids in your body.